Re: Fresnel Lens

At 07:43 AM 4/15/00 -0500, brian whatcott wrote:

There is one Fresnel-like lens that has not yet caught the
imagination of engineers who specify such things.
This application *does* require precision at the wavelength
level.

It's the hologram lens.

Yes. BTW, in the simplest cases a hologram lens is essentially
indistinguishable from a Fresnel zone plate (which is not quite the same
thing as a Fresnel lens).