Re: Inductance

At 3:27 AM -0700 4/13/00, John Denker wrote:

The voltage V across an inductor is given by
V = L d(I)/dt (1)

Just a small quibble. As a consciousness raising measure I also
advocate including Lenz's minus sign here whenever this relation
is written, and I don't like to see "V" because I use that for
potential. I prefer curly "E":

dI
dt

This relation really entails the definition of L. Sometimes the
symbols one uses are important. This is one of those times.

Leigh