Re: 2 source interference

Am I imagining things or are newer tv sets using phased stereo to
'position' sounds far from the set itself?

I have a 15-year old stereo TV that does that, and a newer one as
well. I think that it is a change in program material dating from
four or five years ago. The wide imaging is quite striking, and I
sometimes mistake sounds from the TV as having originated outdoors
because we keep our bedroom windows wide open.

Leigh