Re: Sacramento, CA

At 09:36 4/10/00 -0700, Leigh wrote:
...My father lives in Fair Oaks and
I expect that I will be spending some time in the area in
the next few years.

I gave my last lecture as a tenured faculty member Friday.
I will be compulsorily retired at the end of August, but I
will likely teach the introductory astronomy course in
September as a Sessional Lecturer. There's no special deal
for professors emeriti; I will be paid slightly less than a
TA

Leigh

Leigh Hunt Palmer

This reads like a sad ending to a fullfilling work life.
What Americans call age-discrimination in other circumstances,
in fact.

When the US social security system wants to postpone the onset
of pensions, and considers the abolition of deductions for
earned income after age 65, I suppose you could say there is an
economical incentive acting against this sort of discrimination here.

Not to mention, a body could starve! :-)

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK