Sacramento, CA

Is there anyone on the list from Sacramento State, UC Davis,
Sacramento C.C., or American River College? (Please forgive
me if I left anyone out.) I want to extablish a loose tie
with some local Physics Department so I can have access to
a library in the vicinity. My father lives in Fair Oaks and
I expect that I will be spending some time in the area in
the next few years.

I gave my last lecture as a tenured faculty member Friday.
I will be compulsorily retired at the end of August, but I
will likely teach the introductory astronomy course in
September as a Sessional Lecturer. There's no special deal
for professors emeriti; I will be paid slightly less than a
TA, but of course I'm not doing it for the money. My wife
won't retire from the Chemistry Department until the
following year, and I enjoy teaching.

Please reply off-list.

Thanks,

Leigh

Leigh Hunt Palmer Phone: 604 291 4844
Department of Physics FAX: 604 291 3592
Simon Fraser University Home: 604 299 3731
Burnaby, BC V5A 1S6 email: palmer@sfu.ca
CANADA 122d58m W 49d17m N