Re: Torque, moment, and couple

At 10:06 PM -0700 4/8/00, Leigh Palmer SHOULD'A' written:

It seems to me that angular momentum of a particle only makes sense
when velocities are reckoned with respect to the frame in which the
reference point for the angular momentum is stationary. How would
one use the quantity r x (m * v) in any frame other than the one in
which v = dr/dt?

Both r and v are vector quantities. I hope that makes sense now!

Leigh