active learning for special relativity

Thanks for all the helpful responses! I'm currently
enjoying Mr. Tompkins.

I've created some discussion questions and
a group exercise about the Michelson-Morley
experiment, all of which seemed fairly successful
for my class this semester. If you're interested, they're
in my book at http://www.lightandmatter.com/area1book6.html.
The discussion questions are in ch. 1, and the group
exercise is in the back of the book.

I've also offered my class extra credit for thinking out
relativistic effects in sports in a world where c=20 mi/hr...
we'll see what they come up with. One thing for sure
is that you want to pass the football or basketball to the
other player in a high arc -- if the trajectory is relatively
flat, then the light gets to them not long before the ball
does!

Ben Crowell
Fullerton College