Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:18:52 -0500
From: "Robert W. Harris" <rwharris@CATH-MEM.ORG>
Subject: Re: active learning for special relativity

I've used Gamow's story often when teaching relativity. (For anyone who
wants to know, the paperback is published by Cambridge University Press.
ISBN 0-521-09355-4)

It is nice to have your students **intentionally** producing science
fiction. I must try that. My students seem to produce science fiction
on exams where it is neither expected nor intended, and is not awarded
points.

Br. Robert W. Harris
Catholic Memorial High School
rwharris@cath-mem.org