"Pseudoscience" versus taboo science

I just learned about a couple of interesting papers posted on www. The
author analyzes the nature of "psi" and the response by mainstream
scientists. (Yes, as you might suspect from the fact that *I* am posting
this, he comes down hard on scientists, and has decided in favor of PSI.)

:)

Is there any reason why you should waste your time in reading pro-PSI
papers from internet kooks? Well, the author is a PhD physicist and a
biologist (emeritus) at the U. of Pittsburg. I think people here might be
interested in what he has to say. Most of us are very familiar with the
skeptical position regarding PSI, and I think this can accidentally create
major bias. One simple cure is to encounter voices from the other side of
the debate.

The Sovereignity of Science
http://parapsychologybooks.com/sovereignity.htm

Scientific Belief as Obedience to Authority
http://parapsychologybooks.com/reformation.htm

Author biographical note

In 1943, by visiting Harvard's library, Dr. McConnell ascertained that
ESP occurs although beyond explanation by known physics and
psychology. After entering parapsychology full time in 1947, he
devoted his efforts primarily to the question: "Why do scientists
reject ESP?" This paper gives the answer to his 50-year search.
To the pursuit of this question, Dr. McConnell brought an unusual
breadth of experience. He holds a doctorate in physics. During World
War II he led a radar development group at M.I.T. He is a life senior
member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers. In
1957 he was the founding president of the Parapsychological
Association, which was admitted to affiliation with the American
Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) in 1969. He is a
Fellow of the American Psychological Society, Research Professor
Emeritus of Biological Science, and a Fellow of the AAAS.

For many more links to papers and websites of similar nature, see

CLOSEMINDED SCIENCE
http://www.amasci.com/weird/wclose.html

(There is also a considerable number of my own lunatic ravings posted
on this site.)

billb@eskimo.com http://www.amasci.com