Re: Lenz's Law

At 13:00 3/22/00 -0600, Jack U wrote:
...I meant to say that "resistance in the current loop does
not affect the derivative of the current in the straight wire" (which is
given). The EMF applied to the loop is proportional to the derivative
of the current in the straight wire, the resistance of the loop affects
the amount of current that responds to the applied EMF.
regards,
Jack

I hold that the amount of current in a coupled wire loop does
indeed affect the time rate of current change in the straight wire.
The concept illustrates the bilateral nature of mutual inductance.

brian whatcott <inet@intellisys.net>
Altus OK