From: "John Barrer" <forcejb@YAHOO.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2000 4:42 PM
Subject: momentum conservation in collisions

Pasted below is a message I have pestered others with
recently. If it has already been posted here, I
apologize for the redundancy.

"How come energy can be dissipated (and usually is)
during a collision but not momentum?" OR, "Why can
energy either be dissipated within a system or to its
surroundings, but momentum can ONLY be dissipated by
leaking OUT of a system . . .