Re: Simple radio signal

I also recall that the first detector was an open circular loop
with two end facing each others. Hertz was observing tiny
sparks in the detector when his source, in the same room,
was sparking. In a large class I would use an ordinary
radio to hear source discharges.

Owen von Kugelgen wrote:

I want to create a simple demo of transmission & reception
of radio signals. Any ideas? The spark from a VanDeGraf
generator should send a signal that can produce a small spark
at a receiver (simple antenna with gap). How might I construct
this "receiver?