From: "Richard W. Tarara" <rtarara@SAINTMARYS.EDU>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 08, 2000 9:39 AM
Subject: Re: Laws and Theories

You must have better meteorologists in your area than here. I watch the 5
day forecasts published in the paper with some amusement. Say I look at
Friday's forecast on Monday. By Thursday that forecast will have changed
significantly at least twice and usually the Thursday forecast for Friday
is
still wrong. It seems to be the case that long term forecasting has
gotten
better, but as far as I can tell, the short range forecasting is just as
bad
as it has been for the past 50 years.

Richard W. Tarara
Associate Professor of Physics