Re: Laws and Theories (was Creationists)

Karl Popper (a major name in Philosophy of Science - back in the 20th Century)
coined the term 'Post-dictive' as opposed to Pre-dictive to allow
himself to classify evolutionary biology (and cosmology) as science.
This seems similar to your 'reactive' adjective.