Re: EPSILON_ZERO, OK ?

At 4:31 PM -0600 3/3/00, Jack Uretsky wrote:

Chuck Britton omitted a key part of my posting; I'll interpret
his question to be "How does one search for magnetic monopoles and set
limits on their density?"
The answer is that this is being done at underground detectors
that were set up to measure the lifetime of the proton. Super Kamiokande
is one such detector. There is a theoretical prediction of the minimum
monopole density left over from the Big Bang; my understanding is that
experiments to date have not yet excluded this limit.
Regards,
Jack

Blas Cabrerra (Stanford?) 'detected' a monopole in his
superconducting detector in 1983, but a more sensitive detector (x
1000) run for a few years showed no further 'hits' so he now
considers his first signal to have been spurious (perhaps a prank).

britton@academic.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936