[no subject]

For purposes of discussion on this List,
is a creationist someone who

a) is a Deist only
b) believes in a 6 day (144hr) creation event
c) believes the Bible is inerrant
d) attends church regularly
e) rejects scientific naturalism
f) is a professing Christian
g) some of the above
h) all of the above?

I've read the term "creationist" several times on the List-
always in a negative light.
<<<

But the problem is that you can't define a creationist so easily. In
fact, creationists run the entire gamut from geologic age to six days,
from God set it all off in motion then took a long vacation, to God has
his fingers in every energy exchange.

There seems to be an inbuilt
assumption that whoever these people are they are of low
IQ advancing some sort of evil anti-science agenda.
<<<

Where an 'attitude' is copped, it is with some creationists' attitudes
that science should be used to find data and support for a particular
set of religious beliefs, rather than (hopefully) science leading
wherever the data goes.

Hey, you know, I go stand in line somewhere and by the time I finally
make it to the counter, half the time I'm treated like I have no IQ, so
what can I say <smile>.

Mel Bartels