Re Sun's Distance -- Foot note

At 11:16 22 02 2000 , you wrote:

From: Barlow Newbolt <NewboltW@WLU.EDU>
..be careful Leigh. All this talk about 1956 computers is giving away
your age. I have some recollections of a 1956 computer, but that one
was an IBM. It was tube-type, I think, and generated a large increase
in the temperature when the air conditioning failed. I am trying not to
say that it generated a lot of h___ for fear of reprisals from Jim. WBN

Barlow, it amazes me that one would risk "reprisals" from anyone when it is
so easy to use the language of physics correctly:

Just say that the computer was very efficient as heating the room. Why do
the members of this list fear the correct physics?

And BTW I think that Leigh would give the same admonition. You look
somewhat odd when you lay this off to me.

JIm

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen