Re: Fieldplots/MarthaTakats

Ken,
Depending on what you find out from Martha Takats, you might be
interested in a program I wrote for the Mac (versions for both 68k and PPC)
which allows students or class demonstrators to explore the electric field
in the neighborhood of point charges on the screen. It draws E-field or
equipotential lines around charges that you place on the screen starting at
any point where you click the mouse. It can also show the magnitude of the
components of the E field and the potential at any point on the screen. You
can also examine what happens to the field-line distribution when changes
are made to the charge distrubution. I'd be happy to put a copy up where
you could download it if you think it would be useful.

--Jim Pengra, Walla Walla, Washington 99362 mailto:pengra@whitman.edu