Re: Looking for a research collaborator

I am not familiar with WEBASSIGN software. It probably does the
same thing as WEBCT which I am using for the Internet based quizzes.
All my quizzes are of the multiple choice type. The use of textbook is
allowed but the time is limited. Frequent short quizzes are used to
promote textbook reading.

I see no difference between doing this over the Internet and doing this in
class, except that I have no idea who is actually answering quiz questions.
Therefore the overall contribution of Internet quizzes is relatively law, as
far as grading is concerned. But even 5% is sufficient to motivate many
students. I do not plan on being involved in a "research project evaluating
the value of computerized homework for student learning".
Ludwik Kowalski

Scott Bonham wrote:

Dear List Members--

I am looking for a collaborator or two on a research project evaluating the
value of computerized homework for student learning. ...