Re: Heat through an adiabatic wall?

My impression was that Tim's initial question referred to a course
in which irreversible processes are ignored. That is how I was
introduced to thermodynamics. Is it fair to say that in such a
course the described dilemma can be viewed as a paradox?

Bob Sciamanda wrote:

Without reviving the old thread, let me just summarize some pertinent
implications of the traditional wisdom:

1) Entropy is a state function, ie.; the end states of a system
completely determine its entropy change (delta S).

2) The entropy change of a system is calculable as the integral of dS =
dQ/T over a REVERSIBLE path between the specified end states (or, if
known, by simply evaluating the change in the Entropy state function - eg:
S(T,V,N) for some gas - stated in terms of known state properties.).