Re: Creation

Ed Schweber (edschweb@ix.netcom.com)
Physics Teacher at The Solomon Schechter Day School, West Orange, NJ
Jim Green asked:

> If the "creator" did use a big bang to create the
> Universe, and then decided that he had not done
> a good enough job (used the wrong parameters),
> and wanted to start over with a new big bang and
> universe OR if he said to himself "Hey that was neat,
> let me create another one", How could the
> second universe be detected by NASA or JPL or
>the like?

Let me take a different perspective. Why does the universe have universal
physical laws?

Perhaps many universes were created with random parameters, but those
with the wrong parameters or the wrong laws were inherently unstable and
quickly dissipated. For instance what would happen if the rules for the
direction of an induced current were just the opposite of Lenz's law?

Perhaps ours is the only universe because it is the only conceivable
universe that can be stable for an extended period of time.

Ed