Re: Binary stars

There are good models and there are bad models. Note that
Feynman, in his lectures (I-38-6) is quite careful in his discussion
of what we might think of as the Bohr model.
Your model violates fundamental principles, and what I think is
worth discussing is what is violated by the model. That's because your
conclusion depends upon the violations.
The crucial point is the uncertainty principle. Your picture
violates it in the radial direction (a radially confined orbit can only
be approximated with very high l so that there is a substantial angular
momentum barrier), and in the azimuthal direction perpendicular to the
orbit.
The Bohr model itself was a device for calculating energy levels.
Nothing else about the model, that I can think of offhand, worked.
When dealing with models, it is crucial to understand their
limitations.
I trust that I've said enough on this topic.
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>