Re: Binary stars

Yes, of course, although I would call it cylindrical symmetry, since we're
dealing with a 3-dimensional object. But I would not liken the dumbell
shape to a circle.
Ludwik's circle is at a distance r from the origin and has
a velocity vector that is confined to a plane. The L=1 orbit hasa
substantial part of its volume lying inside of a sphere with radius
equal to its "classical radius".
Regards,
Jack

Adam was by constitution and proclivity a scientist; I was the same, and
we loved to call ourselves by that great name...Our first memorable
scientific discovery was the law that water and like fluids run downhill,
not up.
Mark Twain, <Extract from Eve's Autobiography>