Re: biophysics

4. Another question might be what department is the course taught in?

Jim Green

At 15:48 14 12 1999 -0600, you wrote:
We are trying to start a biophysics course and would like to hear from
other physics departments that have such a course, minor, or track at the
undergraduate level. Perhaps you should send me private email and I'll
summarize for the list if there is interest:

1. Who takes the course(s) and why? What is the enrollment (compared to say
your standard introductory physics course offerings)?

2. Would you judge this course(s) to be successful? How are you promoting it?

3. Comment on the course contents: How much math is used? Is there a lab?
What are the prereqs? What textbook are you using?

Thanks, Carl

Dr. Carl E. Mungan, Assistant Professor http://www.uwf.edu/~cmungan/
Dept. of Physics, University of West Florida, Pensacola, FL 32514-5751
office: 850-474-2645 (secretary -2267, FAX -3323) email: cmungan@uwf.edu

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen