Sky & Telescope (was: Re: Reform of a technical university)

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:20:24 -0800
From: Leigh Palmer <palmer@SFU.CA>
Subject: Re: Reform of a technical university (long)

I just got my January Sky & Telescope. It is one of my favorite
magazines. This month it cam with a CDROM. On opening it I find
it contains a photograph of our own Margaret Mazzolini who is
the Astronomy Course Coordinator at Swinburne University of
Technology. Are you hiring, Margaret? I must retire next year
because I'll turn 65.

Actually last week we were interviewing some great US & UK applicants for a job, but
none were as famous as you Leigh ;)

Doing the CD-ROM was an interesting experience. We produce them routinely for our
courses, but this one was written in Melbourne, replicated in Pennsylvania, packaged
in Montana and placed in the magazine in Virginia, so I learnt more about
international finance and the joys of urgent communications between totally
orthogonal time zones than I really wanted to know! However it worked out ok, and we
are getting lots of course enquiries, which is great. Sky & Telescope were great to
work with.

Cheers
Margaret

Leigh

------------------------------

End of PHYS-L Digest - 10 Dec 1999 to 11 Dec 1999

Dr. Margaret Mazzolini
Astronomy Course Coordinator
Swinburne Centre for Astrophysics & Supercomputing
BSEE, Mail Box 31,
Swinburne University of Technology,
PO Box 218 Hawthorn VIC 3122
Australia
email: mmazzolini@swin.edu.au
phone: (+61) 3 9214 8084
fax: (+61) 3 9819 0856

Visit Swinburne Astronomy Online, online courses in astronomy:
http://www.swin.edu.au/astronomy/