textbook revisions

I also learned from and admired PSSC physics. However, I now
believe that the waves-vs-particles storyline has been essentially
superceded by QED. Light is neither wave nor particle, though it
has aspects that can be described by both models. Duality is
a feature of the limitations of the two models used; not of light
itself.

IMHO, it's not true that PSSC has been overtaken by events.
PSSC explicitly discusses wave-particle duality as the climax of
the waves-versus-particles story.

Dan, by QED do you mean _relativistic_ quantum mechanics?
Doesn't seem to me like an appropriate topic for an introductory
course. If all you mean by the term is the interaction of
atoms with photons, then I think essentially all introductory books
cover that to some extent (including PSSC).