Re: Electric gun, WORK ENERGY

Not sure what model you have in mind just now.
I think the original question concerned the mechanism
whereby em waves = photons are dissipated.

Before that it was a mobile charged bead receding from
similarly charged beads on either side.

Afterwards you introduced the idea of a bullet.

Responding to this last (bullet) concept:
the acceleration is usually considered positive for most
of the bullet's trip down the barrel then negative thereafter.

Responding to the motion of a charged bead amongst neighbors -
I'd see this as a dynamic motion, and I'd expect some initial
jostling (or damped oscillation) about a locus of minimum energy.

Responding to the concept of a dissipating em wave: I see it as a
parcel of photons, which are gradually localised in successive material
interactions with charged particles, so that their count passing
some successive "counting position" is reduced.

Brian