Re: 20th century

And praise be to Chuck from whom all blessings flow (including the
laws of how we count the years)!

Hugh

and IF the year zero DID exist, we would need to be able to
'categorize' it as belonging to either the first century CE or the
first century BCE.
Since it can't be in BOTH centuries, I declare that it didn't exist!

At 2:17 PM -0500 11/16/99, Hugh Haskell wrote:
>Since there apparently wasn't a "year 0," (How do we know that? Maybe
>it's because the number "0" hadn't been invented then?), I have
>solved the phase matching problem by starting my count in year "-1"
>so that Dec 31 of this year will complete 2000 years since I started
>counting. As John M. has pointed out, it's not how long it's been,
>but the fact that the next year is labeled with all those zeros that
>counts.
>
>Hugh

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936

Hugh Haskell

<mailto://haskell@odie.ncssm.edu>
<mailto://hhaskell@mindspring.com>

The box said "Requires Windows 95 or better." So I bought a Macintosh.