Re: delta V = I R

Michael Edmiston wrote:

Please tell me what utility one would gain from knowing the "resistance" of a non-ohmic
device given that the value is only valid at one potential difference.

I have always believed and taught that the resistance value depends on the device's
temperature, not on the potential difference across it. Is there really a functional
relationship between R and delta V at constant T?

poj