Re: delta V = I R

Bob Sciamanda points out that we can define non-constant parameters.

We can define non-constant values if there is utility in doing so.
What would be the utility of calculating and define a "resistance" for
a non-ohmic device? It cannot be used in I = (delta-V)/R to predict
the current at any value of delta-V... it only works for one value. A
non-ohmic device needs a different (non-linear) equation to relate
current to potential difference. Or, if you wanted to tabulate values
of R for various delta-V's, I guess you could do a "look-up table."
Please tell me what utility one would gain from knowing the
"resistance" of a non-ohmic device given that the value is only valid
at one potential difference.

Bluffton College
280 West College Avenue
Bluffton, OH 45817