Re: soap as a teaching aid :-)

Arlyn wrote
in high school, I'm not about to start with noninertial frames.

To which at 12:08 PM 11/5/99 -0500, Hugh Haskell responded:

As I said, this aspect is limited to advanced students only, not ever
first-year students. We do everything but wash their mouth out with
soap if they so much as use the term "centrifugal."

"everything but" ????

I keep wondering why students foam at the mouth when I fly with them in a
rotating reference frame and start telling them about the centrifugal field....

:-)

copyright (C) 1999 John S. Denker jsd@monmouth.com