Re: Physics--Honing the Intellect

we just began a semester system in which we have two 14-week
semesters whereas we used to have three 10 week quarters. So I am
supposed to cover in 28 weeks what used to take 30 weeks... and I'm
supposed to spend more class time in "discussion" and less time in
lecture.

I suppose you know, the reason schools occasionally swittch between
semesters and quarters, is because they need to learn the hard way why
their predecessors made the opposite change, many years ago.

Clarence Bennett
Oakland University
Rochester, Michigan 48309
248 370 3418