From: Jim Green <JMGreen@SISNA.COM>
To: <PHYS-L@lists.nau.edu>
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 9:55 PM
Subject: DW/DW Summary

. . .
7) The only way to calculate DQ for the irreversible process is to
choose a
reversible process with the same end states as the irreversible one,
determine the end point entropy of that process and then calculate
DQ=TdS.

8) In some cases dS might be determined from a carefully chosen DQ of
the
reversible process, but that would be the same DQ for the irreversible
process and DW would be nil.

Now, Joel, Bob, do we agree with at least the above???

NB I have not used the evil four-lettered word above.

Jim Green
mailto:JMGreen@sisna.com
http://users.sisna.com/jmgreen