Re: L5-PHYS-L Nov99 Technical posting

The problem of keeping up is very serious for many of us.
One way to help, beside not posting silly messages about
chalupas etc., would be to ask the authors to specify levels.
For example, 0 for elementary science, 1 for HS and non-
calculus physics courses at colleges and universities, 2 for
calculus based introductory courses, 3 for higher
undergraduate courses, 4 for graduate courses and above
and 5 for others. In the subject line the reader would see
something like this:

Re: L2-On teaching calorimetry.
Re: L5-Where are the women?
Re: L1-A student project

and then decide about deleting or not deleting. This should
also contribute the usefulness of archives, if the authors try
to be realistic. Filtering messages is the only solution and
we should facilitate it. We can add four more categories, if
necessary, and stay with single digits. Let us start doing
this self-labeling and see how it goes. Julie, stay with us.
Ludwik Kowalski

"Waggoner, Bill" wrote:

... Traffic varies from 0 a day to well over 80 messages a day...

Julie Hilsenteger wrote
...But, I also teach 4 different preps and I just don't have
the time to really participate and I am even thinking of
unsubscribing ...