Re: mini Y2K?

I suspect that it is NOT true that Egyptian-990 crashed at about the right
time for it to switch from "daylight savings" to "standard" time. From
the years I was lucky enough to spend flying with our Marines, I can tell
you that Egyptian-990's clocks were almost certainly all set to ZULU time
(especially in their on-board CPUs) and that would mean that any possible
"switch" from "daylight savings" to "standard" time on board the plane
wasn't remotely near the time of the crash. To remove any concern that
may linger, I would point out that, unless they have DRASTICALLY change
things from my flying days, you NEVER switch ZULU time "from daylight
savings to standard time". ZULU time is just ZULU time --- that's why we
use it as an international standard. And all of our referencing software
and connections (land line or radio) to any "time standard" are all in
ZULU time (independent of the time currently being displayed to the
human).