Re: skydiving?

Some related data exists on the "Physics of Flight" videodisc from
Videodiscovery. There is a video of a skydiver with the image of the
altimiter superimposed ... allows students to get height vs time data for
analysis.

Rick Swanson

--
Richard E. Swanson, Ph.D. (910) 695-3715
Professor of Physics FAX: (910) 695-1823

Norman Lohstreter wrote:

That experiment was done at Project PHYSLab in 1995.
Lowell, are you still on the list?
Dave Vernier helped enormously and should be able to give you some
details.

pete

kyle forinash wrote:

Hi;

A few years ago I saw a talk where the speakers had gone bungi
jumping off a bridge with a CBL and 3 accelerometers strapped to
their backs. Made for an interesting talk and some great graphs. I
think I saw it published somewhere but can't find it in TPT or AJP.
Does anyone happen to have a reference to this article or know who
did it?

I've got a student who is an avid skydiver and wants to basically
make the same measurements while skydiving. I was hoping to get some
good advice from the bungi article.

(Respond off line please.)

kyle
kyle forinash 812-941-2390
kforinas@ius.edu
Natural Science Division
Indiana University Southeast
New Albany, IN 47150
http://Physics.ius.edu/

Pete Lohstreter "Reality is merely an
illusion,
The Hockaday School albeit a very persistent
one."
Dallas, TX 75229 A.
Einstein
petel@tenet.edu