Re: speed of light

NOBODY has measured the speed of light since 1983 (sometime in
October, if I remember correctly)

I both agree and disagree with this! (How's that for waffling.)

In the official SI system, the speed of light is indeed a defined quantity
which cannot change. The meter is experimentally determine from c and the
definition of the second.

However, in the practical SI system, where the tick marks on a strip of
metal is my working definition of a meter, I can certainly measure the
speed of light as so many metersticks per second.