Re: A. Einstein and science-fairs

There is another class of projects that have been gaining in popularity in
recent years. These are the product testing projects.

what do you mean by this? I've seen projects that ask something like "which
paper towel will absorb more" and then the kid makes a random guess at one,
and calls it an hypothesis. I consider these non-science and pass them by
with an irritation for the teacher who hasn't a clue what "hypothesis" is
supposed to mean.

Dr. Lois Breur Krause
Department of Geological Sciences
442 Brackett Hall
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634

teaching chemistry, physics, astronomy and geology to elementary education
majors.

How We Learn and Why We Don't: Student Survival Guide,
available from International Thompson Publishing, ISBN 0324-011970

http://home.earthlink.net/~breurkrause

krause@clemson.edu