Re: "Faraday's Final Riddle"

DuPont NOMEXÆ Features NOMEXÆ, developed by DuPont for applications
requiring dimensional stability and excellent heat resistance, is
available in fibre form (continuous filament and staple) and sheet
form (paper and pressboard).
http://www.dupont.com/afs/nfeatures.htm/

Very handy when woven into underwear worn by race car drivers and
ListServ participants ;-)

not that i want to discuss men's underwear, but after the discussion of
shaving, i feel i know you guys rather well. is heat resistance really a
good thing in underwear? unless you are in danger of being in a fire as a
race car driver would be, I would think it would be uncomfortably warm?
thinking about bicycling or such. OTOH, my husband wears a kilt weekends
to scottish games and stuff. the guys who wrestle or compete in the heavy
athletics will wear bicycle shorts or similar attire under their kilts. is
nomex like that?

Dr. Lois Breur Krause
Department of Geological Sciences
442 Brackett Hall
Clemson University
Clemson SC 29634

teaching chemistry, physics, astronomy and geology to elementary education
majors.

How We Learn and Why We Don't: Student Survival Guide,
available from International Thompson Publishing, ISBN 0324-011970

http://home.earthlink.net/~breurkrause

krause@clemson.edu