Crocodile clips

I have always heard of the serrated-jaw clips referred to by both names
depending on the nature of the jaws. If the jaws were more triangular
and came more or less to a point we called them alligator clips. If the
jaws were more cylindrical with longer parallel backs we called them
crocodile clips. But then, here in the midwest, we've been known to say
some things a might peculiar'.

Greg Kifer
Olathe North High School
Olathe, KS