Netscape Communicator

I have had trouble getting Netscape Communicator 4.61 to
wrap messages to a set number of characters per line. I
have set the Mail & Newsgroups to wrap outgoing messages at
65 characters but this doesn't seem to be getting the job
done. Netscape's FAQ did not provide any solutions that I
could find. Does anybody know what I need to do to make my
messages more readable?

Cliff Parker