Sustainability revisited - in memento mori

In reviewing my old mail for disposal, I came across
a note to Professor Simon at U Maryland, less than two years ago,
written as a result of notes from Al Bartlett and Jane Jackson.

At the time, I found his controversial view that world growth could
be sustained long-term essentially by resource-substitution
perplexing.
But he courteously pointed me to his papers putting forward this
view and I was surprised how cogently he could argue the case.

So it is with regret that I notice a current reference to the late
Julian Simon.

Rest in peace.