Re: WORD Equation editor help needed

I don't yet have Word 2000, but in the previous editions of Word, help
on the equation editor was also tricky to find. It turned out that if
you get the equation editor started (by Insert | Object, for example)
and then click the Help menu in Word, you would find help on the
equation editor. That is, they were trying to do context sensitive help,
but it was bizarre that there was apparently no way to get help on the
equation editor unless it was actually running.

I too endorse MathType. Documentation is clear and the ability to save
equation templates is valuable. But you can do a lot with just the part
that comes with Word. I like them both because of the keyboard shortcuts
(example: Ctrl-g a gives me an alpha) that mean I can mostly keep my
fingers on the keyboard and not alternating between mouse and keyboard.

Tim Sullivan
sullivan@kenyon.edu