Re: PHYS-L Digest - 22 Sep 1999 - Special issue

Subject: Re: i,j,k things
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 14:08:13 -0500

Joel Rauber <Joel_Rauber@SDSTATE.EDU> wrote:

I must point out that the restriction to non-accelerating reference frames
is unnecessary. One can solve Newtonian Mechanics problems utilizing
accelerating reference frames; just remember to include on the sum of
the
forces side of the equation the so-called, "inertial force terms", I say
with trepidation, not wanting to restart that thread.

Agreed, but rotating frames is Chapter 11, we're only in Chapter 5. ;)

Glenn A. Carlson
St. Charles County CC
St. Peters, MO