Re: Being careful with directions

Regarding:

I just did the calculation again. Using eccentricity of Earth's orbit
e = 0.0167 I obtain an average duration difference of 7.765 days, but
I wouldn't mind having someone check my calculation before 2:30 PDT,
when I have to commit myself in lecture!

Leigh

I essentially agree with this figure within experimental error for the
orbital eccentricity and the difference in orbital angle between the
occurances of the September equinox and the perihelion.

David Bowman
dbowman@georgetowncollege.edu