Re: style

Paul - I agree with virtually everything you say. I, too, am a stickler for
grammar, spelling, punctuation, etc. Lack of proof-reading bothers me,
whether in print media or student papers or electronic messages.

Yet, I still believe (someone correct me if I'm completely wrong) that some
subscribers to this list are using older e-mail software which does not
permit them to edit outgoing messages short of deleting everything back to
the point of the error. Unless my memory is failing (possible at my age) I
believe that some have even apologized on this list for that problem.

Be careful. Yes. Spend more bandwidth on this thread? No.

"Colleges and universities are places where those
fundamental activities -- taking care of the offspring,
revering the ancestors -- come together in a single effort.."
- Robert Pinsky, US Poet Laureate
George Spagna
Department of Physics
Randolph-Macon College
P.O. Box 5005
Ashland, VA 23005-5505
phone: (804) 752-7344 FAX (804) 752-4724
e-mail: gspagna@rmc.edu
http://www.rmc.edu/~gspagna/