Re: The Source of "Phil's" List

Great detective work, Doug! I confess that I wouldn't have caught it,
even if I had read the threads in that silly discussion. I hope Dan
will turf that fellow out of the group for committing multiple
plagiarism. It is too bad he's hidden behind "JUNO.COM". If he were a
student sending from a university he could be disciplined, something
he very much deserves for wasting the time of so many people. This is
malicious mischief.

Dan, should the group have some sort of identity disclosure policy?

Leigh

Mr Johnson was warned, repeated his transgressions and removed from PHYS-L.
My reasoning is his positions could be those of Einstein or Frankenstein;
they would receive equal hearing either way as long as they were COURTEOUSLY
stated and defended. I did not remove him for issues related to my
judgement of factual content in his messages. I have sent other warnings
regarding civility privately as well. I proctor civility, not content (so
far).

PHYS-L subscriptions are no longer open (I hope temporarily); new subscribers
wait out while I manually confirm their subscription requests at present.
All of the software still works the same, though there's a slight delay for
new joiners. I am toying with the idea of some sort of login info sheet (the
new Sw can do this) in my copious spare time. After semester startup madness
will see what I can do.

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Assistant Professor of Physics and Astronomy, Northern AZ Univ
danmac@nau.edu http://purcell.phy.nau.edu PHYS-L list owner