Re: hot air rising

The air loses temperature as surely as a roller
coaster loses kinetic energy when it goes up the hill.

ooooooooh, I LOVE this phraseology.
But it won't tear me COMPLETELY away from that glorious
four letter Anglo-Saxon word we so love to discuss.

If the air initially contains moisture, it may happen that it cools to the
dewpoint before it stops rising, in which case it gets an additional "kick"
from the latent heat of condensation.
^^^^

ah, FINALLY we once again see the four letter NOUN that we want to banish!

britton@odie.ncssm.edu you have forgotten everything
(919) 286-3366 x224 Albert Einstein, 1936