Re: A paradox? Why not?

I am not totally satisfied with Ludwik Kowalski's
explanation of the "paradox" concerning airlines. .....

I agree with you, Michael, the main point is the existence
of a hidden variable. Weather could have been given as
one of several possibilities to investigate. The source in
which I found the data (a statistics textbook) was blaming
the weather; I repeated the blame without being too critical.

This does not diminish the beauty of the paradox. Try
it on your friends. The fact that data are real adds to its
"pedagogical validity".
Ludwik Kowalski