Re: A paradox? Why not?

Hey, I just realized that I was in a paradoxical situation in
my own message. On one hand:

....I was under the impression that to run a compilation
you need an application program which can run it; the OS
is not enough.

That was certainly true when I learned how to program.
On the other hand I see a message that a compiled code of
a program can be used on a Window platform without "any
other requirements". This created a conflict in my mind.
Therefore I posted a message:

I am obviously not aware of something. Does a Window
operating system have an ability to run application
programs? ....

And I am waiting for the resolution. It will probably be a
statement that a Window OS has built-in components to
run application programs of certain type. But it may also
come in the form of a correction stating that the "no other
requirement is necessary" was incorrect. In either case I
will learn something.
Ludwik Kowalski